2X1 Offer From British Railways
British Railways 2×1 offer is not really widely publicised to tourists, but here’s a little secret to cut your sightseeing expenses by 50% when travelling in London as two people. Thanks to the 2×1 offer from British Railways, you can visit many London attractions with two people (including Madame Tussauds, Kew Gardens, London Zoo, Westminster Abbey, as well as Windsor Castle, Hampton Court and much more) paying just the price of one ticket.
Periodically, 2×1 offers are dedicated to special attractions such as the London Eye, cruises on the Thames, Theme and adventure parks, Zoos and wildlife parks, Theatres and Restaurants.
In order to take advantage of the 2×1 offer, you have to follow certain rules and comply with two main requirements set by the National Rail Service:
- To be in possession of the entrance voucher related to the attraction you want to visit.
- To be in possession of a National Rail ticket, or with a ticket containing the National Rail logo.
2X1 Voucher Offers: How To Obtain Them
You can get a 2×1 voucher either:
- Picking up the 2×1 offer brochures at railway stations: they contain the vouchers you will need to fill in by hand.
- Downloading the vouchers via web. You can look for them either on the National Rail Websites or logging onto http://www.daysoutguide.co.uk/
After registering an account, choose the attraction you would like to visit.
You will be required to insert:
- The dates in which you would like to use it: be careful, all offers have an expiration date.
- The railway station where you will purchase your ticket.
The voucher will be valid even if you purchase it in another railway station and must be accompanied by:
- A train ticket for each person, purchased the same day in which you will use the voucher. The destination doesn’t matter, it can also be the cheapest.
- A travelcard for each person (not loaded on Oyster) purchased at the train station and bearing the National Railway logo. The voucher will be valid for the whole period of the travelcard. For a 7 days travelcard issued at Railway stations, a photo will be required.
If you purchase return tickets for Stansted Express and Gatwick Express (1 for each person), the vouchers will be valid for the whole duration of your stay. You will be required to have complete return tickets where both arrival and departure date will need to be displayed.
Looking for other cheap and good quality accommodation solutions in London? Check the following links!